The Athenaeum Council Internship Opportunity 2017
The ‘Grand Old Lady’ of the city, the Athenæum, is the community hub for the emerging creative industry in Nelson Mandela Bay.
Home of the colourful Little Theatre, this multi-purpose venue offers a diverse space for live performances, exhibitions, events, conferences, workshops, meetings, showcases and launches.
The Athenaeum Council invites applications for a 12-month internship position.
The areas in which the intern will gain experience include:
- Arts administration,
- Curatorial practice,
- Marketing and communications,
- Project Management relating more specifically to: activities and services which support the arts sector, involving projects and initiatives provided by the Little Theatres, Gallery space and Workshop and Conference venues.
- Grow and develop a positive attitude and enhance image of the Athenaeum.
- Apply knowledge, skills and techniques to execute projects effectively and efficiently.
- Learn and draw inspiration from the youth.
- Ensure continuity and sustainability of projects.
- Promote the visual industry database Coordinate art exhibitions and workshops.
- Assist with events and client liaison
- National Diploma in Fine Art / Marketing / PR & Communication
- A short CV
- A motivation Letter
- A copy of ID / Passport – Certified and dated September
- Copies of certificates – Certified and dated September
- Contact details of 2 references
- Your contact details
Submission deadline is 29 September at 4PM.
Please email your applications or queries to
The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview during the first week of October 2017.
No late or incomplete applications will be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right not to appoint.
The intern will be expected to commit to an average of 30 hours per week. During opening functions and events, these hours may be outside of standard office hours. The intern will be expected to attend and assist at all Athenaeum Council events.