Table of Contents
HCI (Hosken Consolidated Investments) Foundation Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Coronation Fund Managers was established in Cape Town, South Africa in 1993. When the company was started, there was a total of 15 staff members and no assets under management – today there is an excess of R588 billion under management.
The company is a third-party fund management company, with offices across South Africa, Namibia, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study (BComm or B Bus. Science):
- Investment Management
Students must also be studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutions: Stellenbosch University, University of Cape Town, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria or the University of the Witwatersrand.
Applicants must meet the following minimal criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric (with university entry),
- Achieved a minimum of 70% or level 6 for English FAL and Mathematics OR Matric Exemption with a minimum “B” symbol for English FAL and Mathematics,
- Currently studying or intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate degree in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Currently studying or intend on studying at one of the aforementioned universities.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible students must apply online at http://www.studietrust.co.za (between 1 May and 30 September annually).
The following documents will be required to support your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse proof of income (employment letter/ payslips) (certified copy),
- A letter about your life (written by the applicant themselves),
- Parents/ guardians/ friends may write recommendation letters,
- Two testimonials (one from an education official – principal or lecturer and the other one by a community leader),
- Current tertiary students must add:
- Matric results certificate (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary results (certified copy),
- Applicants who are not currently studying: include your most recent exam results (certified copy) and a letter explaining what you are doing in the current year.
30 September annually
For any bursary related queries, please contact:
The Bursaries Manager
Mr Johannes (Joe) Mcira
Tel: 011 403 1632
Fax: 086 560 5604
Email: [email protected]
Please be sure to read the Bursary FAQ’s: http://www.studietrust.org.za/index.php/bursaries/bursary-applications/application-faq-s
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More