Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA): Bursaries 2018
Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) invites qualifying students to apply for 2018 Bursary Programme.
Bursary online application deadline is 31 January 2018
Bursary Provider: Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA)
Bursary Location: South Africa
The MQA bursary scheme was established to increase the number of students taking careers in the mining and minerals sector. Today the bursary scheme continues to assist students by offering them the opportunity to study these careers at Higher Education and Training (HET).
The MQA bursary is available to students that have enrolled with universities, Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges, and universities of technology. The bursary scheme covers tuition and registration fees; residence fees or out of residence living costs; books; stationery; and toolkit allowance per bursar per semester.
Who is eligible?
The minimum criteria required include a strong academic record accompanied by a need for financial assistance. The awards are also based on the student’s performance. The bursary continues for every year in which the student remains enrolled. However it is re-assessed by the MQA Bursary committee annually.
The MQA bursary supports the following core mining disciplines:
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Metallurgical Engineering (Extractive only)
- Environmental Health and Management
Students studying the following disciplines will also be considered, although there are limited bursaries availalble:
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current only)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering( Mineral Processing)
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Analytical Chemistry
- Jewellery Design and Manufacturing
Special consideration will be given to female applicants as well as applicants living with disabilities.
The MQA carries a service obligation and successful applicants will be obligated to secure employment within the South African mining and minerals sector for the same amount of years as the sponsored bursary. The following MQA persons can be contacted for queries or assistance with applications for the specific institutions:
Mr Diiteleni Tshisevhe:
- University of Limpopo, University of Venda, Sekhukhune TVET College, Vhembe TVET College, Mopani TVET College, Capricorn TVET College
Tel: 011 547 5705, [email protected]
Ms Felicitus Lebetha:
- Univesity of the Witwatersrand (Wits), Nkangala TVET College
Tel: 011 547 2672, [email protected]
Mr Tebogo Thankge:
- University of the Western Cape, University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University, University of Fort Hare
- Cape Peninsula University of Techonology, Nelson Mandela University, North West University, King Dalindyebo TVET College, Buffalo City TVET College
Tel: 011 547 2755, [email protected]
Mr Joshua Chetty:
- University of Johannesburg, Vuselela TVET College, Orbit TVET College, Northern Cape Rural TVET College, Central Johannesburg College
Tel: 011 547 2691, [email protected]
Ms Moloko Phofa:
- University of Pretoria, University of South Africa (UNISA), Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
Tel: 011 547 2668, [email protected]
Mr Vutomi Chauke:
- Durban University of Technology, Mangosuthu University of Technology, University of KwaZulu Natal, Majuba TVET College, Gert Sibande TVET College
- University of the Free State, Motheo TVET College, Goldfields TVET College, Flavius Mareka TVET College, Central University of Technology, Vaal University of Technology
Tel: 011 547 2625, [email protected]
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA): Bursaries 2018, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.