Apply for Bursary With SA Association of Botanists 2022 Is Open. Scholarships awarded by the South African Association of Botanists for 2022. Each year the South African Association of Botanists awards SAAB Scholarships, to SADEC graduates with 70% or above grade average.
Table of Contents
Scholarships awarded by the South African Association of Botanists for 2022
Three awards of R12 000 for 1 year of tertiary study at Honours level (or 4th year level of study) in any botanically related science will be granted to three registered students, on a competitive basis.
In addition, the SAAB Council also awards one MSc scholarship worth R40 000.
Successful applicants will receive R20 000 the first year and an additional R20 000 the following year if satisfactory progress is made in the first year.
The same terms and conditions as for the Honours scholarship apply, except that the applicants must have graduated with a BSc Honours degree with a minimum grade average of 70% and be in their first year of MSc study.
HOW TO APPLY
(please include with application):
- Submit a curriculum vitae with names of two referees.
- Provide a letter of motivation from your supervisor.
- Submit certified academic transcripts. (If your certified academic transcript is not available yet, please provide your marks with a letter from the course coordinator confirming them (on an institutional letterhead). The bursary awardee will need to provide their certified academic transcript before the bursary payment will be made).
- Provide a one page motivation, including a description of your proposed research interests.
- Disclose name(s) of other bursaries/scholarships applied for and amount(s).
- Fill out the SAAB Bursary Cover Form attached to this document and send it with your application. Please take note that applications submitted without the SAAB Bursary Cover Form will not be accepted.
Post your application by the deadline:
- Masters Bursary: 26 February 2022
- Honours Bursary: 26 March 2022
Opportunity Closing Date: Friday, February 26, 2022 – 12:00
Share this post with your Friends: