Applying to the University of Western Cape? Do you want to calculate your APS at UWC? Are you looking for the UWC APS Score Calculator, or are you wondering what is APS and its importance? In this article, I will tell you what APS is, why you need it for admission application and how to calculate.
Table of Contents
What is APS?
APS stands for Admission Point Score.
In South Africa, there are certain criteria observed before being admitted to any programme at any university in South Africa. One of these is meeting the required Admission Point Score (APS) for the programme in pursuit.
South African Universities uses APS points as one of the requirement to determine the qualification of applicants for their respective programmes. Each university has a unique formula to calculate your APS and below is the University of Western Cape, UWC APS Score Calculator.
Now you know what APS is, let proceed to Calculation APS at UWC.
UWC APS Calculation
To calculate your APS for UWC, you will need to add your six subject percentages.
- If case you have more than six subjects, excluding Life Orientation.
- The University of Western Cape requires you to have six subjects in total when calculating your APS for UWC.
Generally, for each matric subject you write, you obtain a point. The points you obtain for each course will depend on the percentage you score in that particular subject. The Admission Point Score (APS) is the total points you accumulate from each course.
- Applicants are required to meet the minimum APS in order to be considered for a specific program.
NB: Despite meeting the minimum APS for UWC. Some courses require you to submit other requirements (e.g. portfolio of work, audition or interview). It’s important for you to check with the faculty what they require from you.
Why Universities Use APS
South African Universities (and Universities of Technology) use APS scores for some reasons below:
- APS helps universities cut down on their administrative work.
- As you may know, thousands of students both home and abroad apply to universities every year and APS score requirements are a simple way of allowing students to know which courses they could qualify for.
University of Western Cape APS Breakdown
The breakdown of the University of Western Cape, UWC’s APS calculation is as follows:
Because It’s Relates to Admission, check out the following:
|Application Dates||APS Scores|
|Open Dates||NECO Result|
|Universities Prospectus 2020||Past Papers|
- University of the Western Cape Application 2020
- University of the Western Cape Prospectus 2020
- University of the Western Cape Application Dates 2020
- University of the Western Cape Fees 2020
- University of the Western Cape Application Status 2020
- University of the Western Cape Courses 2020
- University of the Western Cape Student Portal
For more information and inquiries, you can contact the University of Western Cape, UWC by visiting the official website www.uwc.ac.za.
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, Please, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the UWC APS Score Calculator. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: