- Application Deadline: 30 September 2017.
DAFF Bursary / Scholarship Programme.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Department of Agriculture: Bursary Award Programme 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in critical scarce skills in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors for the 2018 academic year. The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance. The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply:
|1. BSc Bioresource Engineering
2. Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc)Requirements
Mathematics and Physical Science 6 (70–79)
|3. BSc Viticulture and Oenology
4. BSc Plant Pathology
5. BSc Food Science
6. BSc Entomology
7. BSc Forestry and Wood Science
8. BSc Marine Biology
9. BSc Oceanography and Marine Biology
10. BSc Ichthyology specialising in AquacultureRequirements
Mathematics and Physical Science 5 (60–69)
|11. National Diploma: Food Technology
12. National Diploma: Forestry
13. National Diploma: Marine ScienceRequirements
Mathematics and Physical Science 4 (50–59)
|14. Postgraduate studies (BTech, BSc, Hons, MTech, MSc, DTech and PhD) in different agricultural, forestry and fisheries fields of study relating to DAFF priority research projects. Successful candidates will be appointed as interns and placed with the relevant industry/research institution/institution of higher learning as young professionals. Successful candidates will also be allocated a mentor and will receive a monthly allowance from the Department.|
- It is worth noting that certain fields of study are only available at certain institutions of higher learning:
- BSc Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering): University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc): University of Pretoria
- BSc Viticulture and Oenology: University of Stellenbosch
- BSc Forestry and Wood Science: University of Stellenbosch
- BSc Oceanography and Marine Biology: University of Cape Town
- BSc Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture: Rhodes University
- National Diploma: Forestry: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- National Diploma: Marine Science: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address: www.daff.gov.za click on “Vacancies”
- Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered
- Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department by 15 January 2018, after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful
- All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent to the following address:
Directorate: Sector Education and Training
Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Private Bag X250
Mr Vusimuzi Mngomezulu, tel. (012) 319-7923 or Ms Boitumelo Maleka, tel. (012) 319-7024
- The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries reserves the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total budget available
- The National Bursary Committee will make use of the Bursary Scheme’s 14-point system to allocate points to short-listed applicants
- The Bursary Scheme of the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries is in fulfilment of the sector strategic objective of elimination of skewed participation in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors.
How To Apply
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Department of Agriculture DAFF: Bursary / Scholarship Programme 2018, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.