Department of Correctional Services Bursary 2017/2018 | Apply for the Department of Correctional Services (DCS) Bursary programme, requirement and details below.
- Application Deadline: 17 July annually.
DCS Bursary / Scholarship Programme.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Department of Correctional Services (DCS) Bursary Award Programme 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Department of Correctional Services in South Africa is a division of the government, providing the court system and judiciary with administrative and financial matters. The department are also responsible for the correctional services in the country; provider of legal advise and representation.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students in the following fields of study:
- Bricklaying (Diploma or National Diploma)
- Welding (Diploma or National Diploma)
- Painting (Diploma or National Diploma)
- Electrical (Diploma or National Diploma)
- Primary Health Care (National Diploma or Degree)
- Nursing (National Diploma or Degree)
- Internal Auditing (National Diploma or Degree)
- Information Technology (National Diploma or Degree)
- Pharmacy (Degree)
- Clinical Psychology (Masters)
- Counseling Psychology (Masters)
- Medicine (MBCHB)
Once students have completed their studies, they will be required to work for the department where needed.
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONAL SERVICES BURSARY – ELIGIBILITY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Currently studying or accepted to study at a recognised South African tertiary institution,
- Currently studying or intending to study in one of the aforementioned fields of study.
HOW TO APPLY FOR DCS BURSARY PROGRAMME
Download and complete the Dept Correctional Services Bursary Application Form (pdf). Alternatively, you can download the latest application form from the official website: www.dcs.gov.za
The following documents must accompany your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- High qualification record (certified copy),
- Course curriculum or prospectus,
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter,
- Dept Correctional Services Bursary Checklist (pdf),
- Dept Correctional Services Bursary – Course fee outline (pdf),
- If currently studying at tertiary level, please add: academic record (certified copy).
Complete application forms and supporting documents must then be submitted via post or hand-delivered, to the following addresses:
Post: Mr. SV Twani, Private Bag X9013, East London, 5200 or
Hand-deliver: Ocean View Terrace, East Block, Moore Street
Post: Ms. Sbongile Mkhuzangwe, Private Bag X393, Pretoria, 0001 or
Hand-deliver: Broll Building 1077, Corner Festival and Arcadia Street, Hatfield
Post: Ms. Rajashree Moodley, Private Bag X9126, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 or
Hand-deliver: Eugene Maraise Road, Napierville, PMB
Limpopo/ Mpumalanga/ North West
Post: Mr. Eddie Nhlengethwa / Mr. Alfred Phahlane, Private Bag X142, Pretoria, 0001 or
Hand-deliver: Masada Building, C/n Proes and Paul Kruger Street
Northern Cape/ Free State
Post: Mr. Charles Matsapola / Ms Elsa Feder, Private Bag X20530, Bloemfontein, 9300 or
Hand-deliver: Zastron Street, 103 Agrimed Building, Bloemforntein
Post: Mr. FD Ngcanga, Private Bag X1, Edgemead, 7407 or
Hand-deliver: Breede River Street, Montagu Drive, Monte Vista, 7460
*Please note: application forms and documents submitted via fax, email or registered mail will NOT be accepted.
17 July annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Eastern Cape, Tel: (043) 06 7803/ 7840
Gauteng, Tel: (012) 420 0190
Kwa-Zulu Natal, Tel: (033) 355 7303/ 7359
Limpopo/ Mpumalanga/ North West, Tel: (012) 306 2100/2026
Northern Cape/ Free State, Tel: (051) 404 0266
Western Cape, Tel: (012) 550 6068/ 78
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Dept of Correctional Services Bursary Programme – dcs.gov.za, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.