ESKOM Bursaries 2017/2018 | Apply for Electricity Supply Commission Bursary Programme 2017/2018 | ESKOM Bursaries Application Form – eskom.co.za.
Electricity Supply Commission, ESCOM, ESKOM Bursary, ESKOM Careers, ESKOM Bursaries Application Form PDF, ESKOM Bursaries 2017/2018, ESKOM South Africa Bursaries, eskom.co.za
Founded in March 1923 as ESCOM (Electricity Supply Commission), a South African electricity public utility. Today the company known as “ESKOM” is home to almost 40 000 employees and is the sole electricity source for the country.
ESKOM Bursaries Application Form: Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Electricity Supply Commission Bursary Programme 2017. As a means of broadening the skill pool in the country and empowering young students to reach their career aspirations, Eskom is awarding bursary programmes to students studying within the following fields:
Eskom Bursary Programmes
- Accounting (Universities)
- Boiler Makers (FET)
- Bricklayers (FET)
- Carpenters (FET)
- Control & Instrumentation (FET)
- Engineering: Electrical, Electronic, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Industrial, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Nuclear (Universities & Technikons)
- Electricians (FET)
- Environmental Science (Universities & Technikons)
- Fitters & Turners (FET)
- IT (Universities)
- Metallurgy (Technikons)
- Mechanical (FET)
- Millwrights (FET)
- Plumbers (FET)
- Power Plant Operators (FET)
- Safety and Risk (Technikons)
- Supply Chain (Universities)
- Welders (FET)
Eskom is offering 3 types of bursaries:
Full Eskom Bursary: for students with a strong academic background – students are required to work for Eskom for the equal duration of the bursary award.
Eskom Merit Bursary: for students in financial need with a strong academic background – there is no work back obligation with this bursary type.
Scholarships: for dependents or children of Eskom employees – students must have a strong academic background and the Eskom employee must have a minimum of 5 years service.
The bursaries cover the following expenses: registration and tuition fees, accommodation and meal costs, book allowance. The full Eskom bursary also covers a PC allowance and a vacation allowance.
ESKOM Bursary Application – Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements before applying:
- South African citizen
- Valid ID document and ID number
- National Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Willing to undergo an interview and medical exam or health declaration
- Accepted for admission at a recognised tertiary institution (full-time studies)
ESKOM Bursary Application – Acadmic Qualification
Applicants must have the following minimum academic results before applying:
- Applicants intending to study at University: minimum HG (C) or “5” symbol in English, Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Applicants intending to study at Technikons/ University of Technology: minimum HG (D)/ SG (C) or “4” symbol in English, Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Applicants intending to study at Further Education and Training (FET): minimum HG (E)/ SG (D) or “3” symbol in English, Mathematics and Physical Science.
How to Apply for Eskom Bursaries 2017 Application Form – eskom.co.za
To Apply for Eskom Bursary Programme, Download and complete the application forms (in full):
HJ van der Bijl Application Form (pdf)
Straszacker Application Form (pdf)
Eskom Bursary Application Form (pdf)
Please include the following supporting documents with your application:
- Motivational Letter (affidavit to certify content)
- Copy of ID document
- Latest university or school results
- Proof of enrollment/ acceptance at a tertiary study institution.
How to Submit Eskom Bursary Application Form
Send your complete application form via:
Student Development Department
PO BOX 1091
Eskom Bursary Closing Date
31 July annually.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Eskom Bursaries 2017 | Apply for Electricity Supply Commission Bursary Programme 2017, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.