The International Max Planck Research School for Computer Science Fellowship for International Students in Germany Application Form, Eligibility, Requirements and Guidelines for the 2017/2018 academic year.
The International Max Planck Research School for Computer Science (IMPRS-CS) is inviting applications for 15 Fully-Funded PhD Fellowships for International Students in Germany.
IMPRS-CS holds a funding agreement with Microsoft Research Cambridge (MSRC), which contributes 15 PhD support contracts in areas of research related to MSRC.
The International Max Planck Research School for Computer Science (IMPRS-CS) is a graduate school jointly run by the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems and Saarland University.
Eligibility: A successful candidate must:
- Hold or be about to receive a Master’s degree in Computer Science (or an equivalent degree) from a research-oriented institution of higher education
- Have outstanding academic performance (rank at or near top of class)
- Have excellent oral and written English language skills
- Show aptitude for independent, creative work
- Have performed research and published (or submitted for publication) the results
- Applicants for the PhD program must hold a Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree from a research-oriented institution. Successful candidates will typically have ranked at or near the top of their classes, have already engaged in research and published their results, and be highly proficient in written and spoken English. Applicants are required to deliver a 15-minute research presentation on their Master’s project, followed by a question and answer period, in front of the admission committee and other audience members. All admitted students receive financial aid in the form of a support contract.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants for the PhD program must hold a Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree from a research-oriented institution.
- Submission of TOEFL scores (*), TSE scores or the Cambridge Certificate is strongly encouraged but not compulsory
- Submission of GRE general and GRE Computer Science subject test scores is strongly encouraged but not compulsory
Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 19, 2017.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More