The South African Police Service invites members of the community that is energetic, intelligent, physically and mentally fit and that is dedicated with the desire to serving their country on a voluntary basis as Reservists, to assist the South African Police Service in the fight against crime.
A Reservist performs voluntary duty in the South African Police Service without any expectation of receiving compensation for such duty. In terms of the Regulations of the South African Reserve Police Service you may be called up by the National Commissioner to perform duties in order to strengthen and support the Police in performing its constitutional mandate as set out in Section 205 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 and that you will not receive remuneration (unless so called up).
You will be expected to perform a minimum of sixteen (16) hours voluntary duty per month.
PS: TATTOO do not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible if the person wears uniform, and that is irreconcilable with the objectives of the Service
HOW TO APPLY FOR SAPS APPLICATION
Follow these links to the official SAPS website
- Applicants must take note of the fact that application forms are not for sale and any payment offered by an applicant or promises provided in this regard will be investigated and may lead to criminal prosecution. Applicants may report such incidents to the National Anti-Corruption Line at telephone number: 0800 701 701.
- Specify the Station for which you are applying. You are advised to apply to join as a reservist at a Police Station close to your place of residence as you will have to commute to and from the station with your own transport.
- Make sure you have signed your application form in front of a commissioner of oath.
- Attach certified copies of your: * ID Document, * Driver’s licence, * Matric/Senior Certificate (Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualification), * Additional qualifications, * Proof of permanent employment, *Proof of residence.
- Submit two (2) colour ID photographs, one of which must be attached on the prescribed application form.
Share this post with your Friends: