Wits University Payment of Fees Guidelines for All Student


University of the Witwatersrand, Wits payment of fees procedures for all students of the institution for the academic session.

Wits University

Wits University payment of fees: The Management of University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) has publicized the fees payment procedure for all students of the institution for the academic session

Click Here for the undergraduate and postgraduate approximate tuition fees for South African applicants for the first year of study in 2017.


First fee payment

New and returning South African residents, SA permanent residence permit holders and refugee permit holders, are required to make a first payment of R9340 on their fees account prior to registration at the University.

Is the payment refundable?
The first fee payment is not refundable if you subsequently cancel your registration

Is everyone required to make the first payment?
The following students do not have to pay the first fee payment:


Please ensure you have received confirmation from NSFAS that you have been awarded NSFAS funding, or check at www.nsfas.org.za to confirm.


If you have been awarded a scholarship, you do not have to pay the first fee payment. The University Entrance Scholarships are awarded on the basis of NSC matric results to current matric applicants.


If you are being funded by a donor or external bursary please ensure that you have contacted the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office to make sure that your donor has made arrangements to pay your fees.

Students also have the option to waive the first fee payment by logging into the Self-Service portal and clicking on the “First Fee Payment” tab. After completion of the necessary information the first fee payment will be waived and the student may proceed with on-line registration.

Accessing your fee account and full payment of fees

Once you have registered, a fees account is generated on self-service at https://self-service.wits.ac.za

The University may alter the payment schedules in keeping with normal accounting practices. Applicants should know, however, that at present fees are due as follows

  • 100% of the total tuition fee must be paid on or before the last working day in March.
  • Provision is made for the monthly payment of fees – interest is charged on the balance owing.
  • International students who are offered a place must pay 75% of their fees in full before registration, and the remaining 25% by no later than the 31st of March 2017.


By any of the following methods:

  • Standard Bank account number: 002891697; Branch code: Braamfontein 004805; Account name: Wits Student Fees; Ref: Student number. Email proof of payment to [email protected]
  • By credit card: telephone the Cashier’s Office at 011 717 1544/43/42 and fax the details to 011 717 4903, or call in person.
  • You may pay at Wits at the Cashier’s Office on the main Wits campus, weekdays between 08:15 and 15:30. Wits cashiers will accept cash or credit card payments.
  • The University of the Witwatersrand regrets to inform all its applicants that the University will no longer be able to accept cheque payments. This is due to the non-acceptance of these cheques by the South African Banks, due to the high incidence of fraud
Download more information here

Do you need help?

Contact us on Tel: 27 (11) 717 1888 or Fax: 27 (11) 717 4918
or Email: [email protected]

Good Luck

CONNECT WITH US: Like our Facebook Page, Follow Us On Twitter, Follow Us on Google+. Stay Blessed.

Receive our Latest All Updates via your Email for Free. Enter your Email to subscribe:

Previous articleWits University Fees Structure for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Students
Next articleApply for City of Ekurhuleni Traffic Warden Job Recruitement 2017 – ekurhuleni.gov.za


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here