Table of Contents
- 0.1 WITS UNIVERSITY REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
- 0.2 New first year students registration dates
- 0.2.0.1 Online registration date: Friday 13 January 2017
- 0.2.0.2 Wits Plus students
- 0.2.0.3 Online registration date: Thursday 12 January 2017
- 0.2.0.4 Engineering programmes
- 0.2.0.5 Need help?
- 0.2.0.6 The Faculty Registration Guide contains valuable information, designed to help you through the registration process.
- 0.2.0.7 Online Registration: Monday 09 January to Wednesday 11 January 2017
- 0.2.0.8 Assisted registration for applicants who are unable to register online: Wednesday 11 January 2017 in Hall 29
- 0.2.0.9 Online registration: 11 January to 20 January 2017
- 0.2.0.10 On-site registration: 1 – 3 February 2017
- 0.2.0.11 Wits Plus students
- 0.2.0.12 Online registration opens: Tuesday 10 January 2017
- 0.2.0.13 Actuarial Science applicants
- 1 Additional information
University of the Witwatersrand, Wits registration procedures for newly admitted 1st year students of the institution for the 2017 academic session.
Wits University Registration Process: The Management of University of the Witwaterstand has released the 2017 Registration procedure for all 1st year students of the institution for the 2017 academic session.
WITS UNIVERSITY REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
1. Have you received a firm offer from the University?
- If you have written matric or an equivalent school leaving qualification last year, you will receive an SMS in January 2017 shortly after the results are announced, confirming your Firm Offer, if you have been offered a place. The University has place for approximately 6200 first year students and we have received over 69 000 applications.
- Please access https://self-service.wits.ac.za to view your status.
- You must accept the offer via SMS or on Self-Service within 3 days to secure your place. Should you not do so, the offer will be withdrawn, and the place will be offered to another student. NO appeals will be considered. NO telephone or email acceptances can be made and you may only accept one offer.
- You may find that you have been placed on a waiting list/deferred status for your programme. As decision making is an ongoing process, we will monitor the situation on a daily basis and notify you via SMS or on self-service should a firm offer be made.
- Please ensure that all required certified documentation for your academic qualifications has been provided to the Student Enrolment Centre in hard copy before you accept your Firm Offer. Applicants who upload academic qualifications via the Student Self Service Portal would need to comply with this requirement. International applicants would be advised to provide these as soon as their final results become available.
Applicants who completed their NSC Grade 12 do not need to submit any documentation.
2. Log In Information
- Please note that to login to the self-service portal, access https://self-service.wits.ac.za using the following details:
Student ID = Person Number
Password = date of birth in YYMMDD format (only include the last two digits of your year of birth)
3. BEFORE you register
- Refer to the faculty information below to find your online registration date.
5. Curriculum planning
- Have you applied for, or been accepted for a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Science and don’t know what your courses will be? We’ve made it easy to help you understand more about the programme that you have chosen as well as how to go about selecting your courses. Watch our curriculum planning videos here.
5. After you have registered
- Once you have completed the online registration process, you will be required to come to campus to collect your student access card, information bag and parking permit (if applicable).
- Collect or renew your “Kudu” card from the Kudu Office and your registration bag from the Student Enrolment Centre, Ground Floor Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House).
- You are required to provide proof of identification, such as your ID document, passport or driver’s licence.
- If you are unable to collect your card during this time, you may collect it from one of the University’s Kudu offices before the academic year begins.
New first year students registration dates
Please read the information contained in these documents
If you have any other queries, call the Student Call Centre at 011 717-1888 or email http://www.wits.ac.za/askwits
How to access your Wits email address
As part of your registration a Wits e-mail account will automatically be created. For detailed information on the steps to access your Wits E-mail, please access the CNS Guide.
Please take note that this e-mail account will be the formal communication platform the University will use for all electronic correspondence with you. It is therefore important that you check your student e-mail address regularly as the University will not use any personal e-mail address that you have set up (eg. Yahoo, Hotmail etc).
Sunday 29 January 2017
All first year students and their parents/guardians are invited to attend Wits’ Welcome Day hosted by the Vice-Chancellor, Dean of Students and President of the Student Representative Council.
Monday 30 January – Friday 3 February
The orientation programme gives you the chance to “get orientated” and learn more about university life.
Click here for the full OWeek programme.